Thursday, September 20, 2007

Magic!


I was browsing iLike through Facebook today, and did the obligatory search for Bruce Springsteen, and for a change he popped as being on tour!!! Of course, a little premature as the tour kicks off on the 2nd of October, which is conveniently also the release date of the album "Magic".

Reading the comments of users about this pending massive event, I discovered that a few people already had the album, and I was wondering... "How can that be?". Well, I immediately started searching and well, I managed to get hold of a copy.

As I am typing this blog entry, I am listening to "Magic" and it is AWESOME!

Now for all you legit people, don't you worry. I have over the years bought several copies of every album, and as soon as I can in this part of the world, I will be acquiring my very own copy. When I think back over the years, it really is a little silly how many copies of all the albums I have bought. First everything on tape, then... after "Born in the USA" - being the first ever printed CD ever, which is a fact by the way - buying em all on CD. Then all the VHS videos, then, sigh, DVD came out - remastered and all - so I had to buy all those in DVD format. Then, of course, I have moved a lot over the years, and with each move, things get lost or left behind... currently, my entire collection is with my ex in South Africa... and I am Dubai, in the UAE!

I placed an order with Amazon UK to replace a whole bunch of stuff here, but that order never arrived, and is lost in transit.

If I think back, I have had multiple copies of everything ever released of Bruce, and I must be averaging about 3 of each... with the exception of The Seeger Sessions... uhm, yeah, uhm... while there are a couple of cool songs on their... it just isn't the Bruce I know and love!

Anyway, back to the songs... so far the winners are Radio Nowhere, You'll Be Comin' Down, Livin' in the Future, Girls in Their Summer Clothes, Devil's Arcade.

Well, I just can't wait to see the man himself, LIVE!

No comments: